Insight to Track Engineering - Melbourne
The RTSA and the ARA (Australasian Railway Association) will conduct two Insight to Track Engineering Courses in 2017.
This one-day course will provide an insight into the technology, processes and principles that are used by track engineers.
Presenters are Engineering Consultants and members of the RTSA. This is a great opportunity to learn direct from experienced engineers who have extensive experience in the rail industry.
This course is designed for those required to liaise with track engineers, assist with the design of railway track, coordinate with track engineering projects and/or maintenance activities and provide an understanding of the interface between track and other railway systems.
- Track Structure (types of track structures, turnouts, main components including their behaviour and failure mechanisms)
- Track Maintenance (methods used for track maintenance including re-railing, re-sleepering, tamping, ballast regulation, ballast cleaning, formation repairs and grinding)
- Track Design (track structure design, forces, basic design requirements for track alignment, structural clearances and track buckling)
- Wheel Rail Interface (importance of wheel rail interface for vehicle dynamics, forces in track, maintenance and cost issues)
- Track Inspection (reasons for inspection, modes of inspection, frequency)
- Rail Safety (Regulator and legal requirements)
Mike Garratt, Director Garratt Consulting
Adam Morris, Director Agonis Group
Martin Murray, Director KCPM Consulting
DATE & TIME
Thursday 9th November 2017
8:30AM to 5:00PM
REGISTRATION FEE (incl. GST)
RTSA / ARA Member: $950
Registration includes the one-day course, hard copy and electronic versions of all presentations, morning, afternoon tea and lunch. Prices are in $AUD and include GST
For further information or to register your interest to attend, please contact Events Manager, Janet Cameron via email@example.com or on 02 6270 4527.